Core Values and Beliefs
We, the members of the Crosby High School Community, are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment that promotes a creative, innovative and intellectually challenging learning experience to ensure that all students are prepared to become 21st century learners and productive members of a diverse society.
Waterbury Public Schools Vision Statement
The Vision of the Waterbury Public Schools is to equip its students with the tools needed to conquer their future.
Expectations for School Performance
Crosby High School will:
1. Have policies in place to provide a safe learning environment.
2. Encourage family involvement.
3. Create an atmosphere in which students use a variety of learning
4. Provide educational opportunities and support services to all students.
5. Provide the opportunity for interdisciplinary learning.
6. Provide knowledge of health and wellness issue.
7. Provide extra-curricular activities to meet the diverse needs of the student
8. Provide all students with the opportunity to develop decision-making and
9. Provide all students with the opportunity to learn about careers and job-
10. Provide recognition of excellence among students and staff.
Crosby High School Core Values and Beliefs
- Success: Students will achieve academic, civic and social expectations necessary to become positive memebers of society.
- Positive Behavior: Students will display appropriate and responsible school behavior.
- Initiative: Students will assume responsibility for one's own actions and actively seek out new learning opportunities and social experiences.
- Respect: Students will value a safe learning environment as well as take into consideration the knowledge, opinions and skills of all individuals.
- Integrity: Students will demonstrate high regard for school property, personal belongings, academic honesty and appropriately apply technology as a tool for learning.
- Teamwork: Students will collaborate with peers, teachers, administrators, parents and support staff as well as community members to promote an educational climate conducive to learning.
Crosby High School’s Learning Expectations
Crosby High School Students will:
- Read, write and speak effectively
- Utilize technology as a tool to research, organize, access, evaluate and communicate information
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving
Civic and Social:
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of a democratic society
- Participate in school and community activities
- Demonstrate respect and assume responsibility