High school students are invited to be a part of the 2019 Congressional App Challenge. The Congressional App Challenge is a Congressional initiative to encourage kids to learn how to code, through district-wide app competitions hosted by Members of Congress. The Congressional App Challenge’s mission is to inspire, include, and innovate efforts around STEM, coding, and computer science education. Winners will be recognized in Connecticut and invited to attend the annual awards ceremony in Washington, DC.
Click here to see the flyer provided by the office of the Congressional App Challenge to be distributed among students with all the necessary information to register.
Students will create and submit their own original apps individually OR in teams of up to four:
- Student Registration Date: Now Open
- Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Winner(s): Only one student/group will be selected.
- Winners Announced: December 9, 2019
- Winning apps are eligible to be displayed in the US Capitol Building and featured on the House of Representatives’ website, House.gov
- Winning students are invited to #HouseofCode Capitol Hill Reception in Washington DC where they demo their apps to their Representatives. It is the most prestigious demo day in student STEM — the new national science fair. *Students are responsible of covering their travel expenses*
- $250 per winner in Amazon Web Services credits!