WINTER IS HERE...so let's not forget our coats, hats, gloves and appropriate shoes, as we still play outside at recess time for fresh air, relaxation and sunshine!
Here are some "flu and cold" prevention tips:
1) if you can, please get family FLU SHOTS, ask your doctor!
2) Wash your hands or use alcohol based hand sanitizer before eating, after toileting, sneezing and coughing.
3) Please cough and sneeze into your tissue or even better, into the inside of your elbow.
We all know that cold and -flu season is here. Here are the sick rules pertaining to school:
1) If your child is sick, they MUST stay home. Coming in to school sick, going to
the nurse for dismissal, then going home, does not count as a day of school. Therefore, please keep your child home and follow your doctor's orders.
2) Your child must be fever free (without fever-reducing medicine) for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
3) Your child must not come to school if they have vomited within the prior 12 hours.
4) Lastly, please keep your child home if they have two or more diarrhea episodes before school. THANK YOU!
Jessie and I would like to wish everyone a very happy and healthy Holiday Season & New Year!
Sherry Mitchell, RN
Jessie Demers, Health Aide