LOTTERY APPLICATION PERIOD FOR 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
For Pre-K 4 through Grade 5
February 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am through February 28, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
LINK TO LOTTERY APPLICATION
(available starting 2/1/19)
Parents must apply at this site. If you do not use this link, be sure to include ‘waterbury’ when you type in the web address. If you don’t, you will be directed to the wrong site. All applications must be submitted online
Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at Maloney Magnet School
This is not open to the public. Lottery numbers will not be issued at this time.
Applicants will be notified of their wait list number via mail the week of March 25, 2019
- In order to apply for Pre-K 4, student must have been born in 2015.
- There is no bussing provided for Rotella or Maloney Waterbury Pre-K students.
- Student is eligible for a seat only in the grade they apply for.
- You must list the town you live in at the time that you apply. If you move from that town, after the application period is over, you must be able to provide proof that you lived in that town at the time of application.
- There will be one lottery for both Rotella and Maloney.
- If you are applying for both schools, you will be asked to indicate a ‘First’ and ‘Second’ choice. Please be aware that your ‘Second’ choice school may have a seat to offer you before your ‘First’ choice school. Once you accept a seat in either school, the student’s name comes off of the other school’s wait list.
- You will be asked if your child has a sibling at Rotella or Maloney. A sibling is a biological brother or sister residing in the same household.
- Current Grade 5 students cannot be considered as siblings as they will not be in the school when the child you are applying for enters.
- If your child gets a seat, we will contact you by phone and email. We will hold the seat for 24 hours. Please check your voice mails and emails regularly. It is your responsibility to notify us if your phone or email changes. If you do not respond in the allowed time, we will go to the next student on the wait list and the seat will no longer be available to you.
- If your child gets a seat, you will be asked to submit two (2) forms of ‘proof of residency’. One is your driver’s license and the other is a piece of mail with your name and address (utility bill, cable bill, etc.).
- If your child does not get a seat for the 2019-20 school year, you have to re-apply for the following year. Applications do not carry over.
- If you are from Waterbury and applying for Kindergarten, you must also register at the Family Intake Center (in case your child does not get into the magnet school).
- The date and time that you submit your application (within the application period) has no bearing on the results.
- If you withdraw your child from the magnet school, you can only gain re-entrance by applying through the lottery again.
If there are any questions regarding the lottery applications or process, please contact Rotella or Maloney directly.