Waterbury Public Schools - Board of Education
Mandatory Dress Code Policy for Waterbury Career Academy Students
- Pants, shorts or cargo shorts in solid black or khaki cloth worn at the waist and completely covering undergarments and no more than three inches above the knee.
- Tops in solid black “polo” collared shirt with WCA “Spartan” logo.
- Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts or dresses in solid black or khaki cloth; worn at the waist and completely covering undergarments and no more than three inches above the knee. Note: Leggings, stockings or other stretch/form fitting leg coverings may only be work under shorts, skirts or dresses.
- Tops in solid black “polo” collared shirt with WCA “Spartan” logo; worn completely covering undergarments, cleavage and midriffs.
- Optional solid colored non-hooded black sweater, vest, suit, jacket or fleece style top may be worn OVER a dress code polo shirt.
- Shoes or sneakers must be work at all times. Laces on shoes or sneakers must be tied. Sandals, clogs, flip-flops, heels or bare feet are not permitted. All shows must have backs.
RESTRICTIONS – All students are not permitted to wear the following during the school day.
- Blue jeans of any kind.
- Leggings, stockings or other stretch/form fitting leg coverings unless work under a skirt or dress.
- Skirts, shorts, skorts or dresses worn more than three inches above the knee.
- Pants worn at a length which is dangerous to themselves or others.
- Hooded sweatshirts or sweaters.
- Clothes which are torn, ripped, ragged or have holes.
- Clothes worn to expose midriffs, cleavage or undergarments.
- Clothing which displays words, pictures or symbols that advocate or depict profanity, violence, drugs, alcohol, sex, hate groups or gang affiliations.
- Outer coats of any kind.
- Any article of clothing that covers any part of the face and/or head including but not limited to hats, visors, earmuffs, headbands, do-rags, bandannas, curlers, goggles and sunglasses.
- Footwear which is unsafe or a health hazard including but not, limited to flip-flops, sandals, clogs, heels and all open toed shoes.