North End Middle School's Parent Liaison is Antonio Coles. He is here to assist parents in connecting to our school. You may contact him by calling 203 574-6879 or emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask to speak to him if you are here in the school.
Parent Involvement Policy
Family School Compacts: 6th grade / 7th grade / 8th grade
Click here for information on North End's School Governance Council.
SCHOOL ACTIVITIES CALENDAR: February 2018
Flyers for Upcoming Events: Community Night
PARENT AND FAMILY ENGAGEMENT POLICY 2018-2019
Parent and Family Engagement is a full, equal, and equitable partnership among families, educators and community partners to promote children’s learning and development from birth through college and career.
The following parent and family engagement policy was developed and agreed upon by the staff and parents and families of North End Middle School. This policy will be reviewed annually and distributed to all NEMS school parents and families.
School will hold an annual meeting for parents and families to explain the Title I program and rights of parents and families involved in the planning, review and improvement.
School will communicate openly with parents and families regarding student learning, achievement and engagement opportunities in a variety of flexible ways including but not limited to:
- Open House/ Parent Teacher Conferences
- Educational Meetings/Workshops
- Personal contact by phone, letter, email of home visit
- Newsletters/schools website/flyers/notices sent home with student/IRIS alerts
- School Grade Level Compacts
School Staff will provide opportunities for parents and families to share their expertise, to be involved and to share in appropriate decision making through:
- Classroom visitations
- PTA or PTO Events
- Parent Engagement Team Committee
- School Committees – PBIS
- Student Programs and Projects
- Family Nights, Multi-Cultural Night
- School Governance Council
School parents and families will be notified about their child’s progress and receive explanations of student assessment results:
- Report Cards, Power School
- Conferencing – school, home, phone, letter, email
- mClass Results ( grades K-5), appropriate assessment information
A school-parent and family compact has been developed outlining the responsibility of parents, staff and students for improving student achievement. The school parent compact will describe the following:
- School’s responsibility for supporting student achievement as well as parent engagement
- Parent responsibility for learning
- Students responsibility for learning
- Parent and Teacher responsibility initiate and maintain meaningful on going two-way communication
Effective parent and family engagement partnerships among the school, parents, PTA/PTO and the community will be ensured by:
- Providing materials, training and meaningful two way communication
- Continuously developing school/community partnerships
- Providing information to parents in language used at home
- Providing parents with opportunities to become involved in school/classroom activities
- Supporting PBIS initiatives