Waterbury Public Schools (WPS) is committed to involving parents
in the success of their children.
Waterbury Title I District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC)
Parent Involvement is more than a program: It’s a process that builds and includes parents as partners in education for their children. Whether helping their children to work independently on school work or serving as a member of a school or district decision making committee, parents are an important key to their children’s success.
Title I is the largest federal education-funding program. It provides funding for high poverty schools in order to help students who are behind academically or who are at risk of falling behind. The Title I program recognizes the importance of family involvement and includes funding to encourage parents to participate in a meaningful way in their child’s education.
What we do
- Provide opportunities for parents to participate in fun, educational activities with their children under the guidance of and encouragement of school professionals.
- Share ideas with parents for parent/child learning activities in the home.
- Inform the community of Waterbury Public School programs designed to strengthen parental involvement.
- Assist district and school staff with developing parent involvement processes.
- Collaborate with the community to provide opportunities for parents to become involved in the success of their children.
The shared responsibilities of a Title I District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) Member are:
- To assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of various components of the Title I program within the school district.
- To provide parental input on educational opportunities for Title I children.
- To act as a link between the DPAC and the schools.
Title I DPAC meetings are open to everyone.
Meetings are held every other month.
The times are flexible, with some meetings held at 12 noon, some at 6 P.M..
There are occasional Saturday activities.
Committee meetings will be held as needed.
For more information, please contact Gladys Johnson Wright at 203 574-8044.or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org .