Grades 9 -12 Registration Information

Last Updated: 1/3/2023 8:08 PM

The following documents are required for Waterbury Public School Registration:
*(Not Valid for the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act-please see below)

Registration cannot be processed without required documentation. **Before submitting the online registration, please upload all of the required documents for verification and school assignment. You will receive an email regarding your child's placement.**

  • Children Birth Certificate (long form required) or Passport
  • Picture ID of Parent/Guardian
  • Guardianship papers/Custody Papers (if applicable)
  • Most recent Physical and Immunization Records; If you are coming from or have visited outside the United States, please check with you healthcare provider for the need of a PPD.
  • Special Education Records (if applicable, i.e: IEP, 504 plan)
  • Proof of Residence (see below)
  • If a Language other than English is spoken in the home, please call 203-573-7895 x4015 for an appointment. 
  • Grades/Transcript from previous school

Accepted Forms of Proof of Residency

We require one of the following:

  • Deed to the home, current mortgage statement, mortgage closing statement.
  • Current lease
  • Current utility bill (gas, electric or water)
  • Homeowners or rental insurance
  • Property tax (real estate, car tax)
  • Notarized Affidavit of Residence
  • Landline phone bill

If the student and the parent/guardian are living in a dwelling that is rented or owned and occupied by another person, the person who owns or rents the dwelling must complete/sign the Certificate of Residency form and provide a proof of your local residence.

*McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance ACT Pre K - 12th Grade

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act defines "homeless children and youth" as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.

The term includes children and youth who are:

  • Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, fleeing an abuser, or a similar reason (sometimes referred to as doubled-up)
  • Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, bus or train station, or camping ground due to lack of alternative adequate accommodation
  • Living in emergency or transitional shelters, abandoned in hospitals; or similar settings

McKinney-Vento requires schools to enroll students (both accompanied and unaccompanied) experiencing homelessness (due to the above terms) immediately, even if the student is unable to provide documents that are typically required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, records of immunization and other required health records, proof of residency, or other documentation 42 U.S.C. 11432(g)(3)(C).

To download a pamphlet, click here. (En Espanol) (Në Shqip)


Choose Your Registration Year and Language Below:

**Registration submission: upload documents with enrollment or fax documents to fax number listed above or bring documents to the School Registration office (Enrollment must be completed)**


2022-2023 School Year: 


Physical Form: English | Spanish 

Dress Code: English | Spanish 

McKinney Questionnaire: English | Spanish 

McKinney Information Packet: English | Spanish | Albanian 

Situation Form: English | Spanish 

Clinic and Vaccination: English | Spanish 


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q- I live with someone; I don’t have anything in my name. What can I use?

A- Refer to Accepted Forms of Proof of Residency (Proof of Address Letter under forms) *(NOT FOR McKinney Vento)*


Q-  I'am living somewhere other than my permanent residence (shelter, hotel/motel, living in my car, living with family or friend)

A- Go to the Forms section and fill out the McKinney Vento questionnaire and send to . If you need assistance, call our office.


Q- I moved within Waterbury how do I change my address and school?

A- Contact the school the child is currently in and give them your new address and they will handle the transfer.  *(not applicable when schools are not in session)*


Q- How do I transfer my child or request special permission?

A- Special Permission has been suspended for some time; however, a request in writing can be made under extreme or severe circumstances by submitting a formal situation form (under forms) request in writing. Once the form is completed submit via email to at the Family and Community Engagement Office.


Q- I can’t upload my documents

A–  Take a picture of the document to upload or documents can be faxed or brought into the office.


Q- I don’t have any of these documents.  What can I do?

A- Request the documents from the previous school, call the child’s pediatrician (NOT FOR McKinney Vento)


Q – My child needs a physical and/or a vaccine.  Where can I get the form and get it completed?

A- The State of CT Physical Form and the Clinic and Vaccine List is under Forms. *(not applicable for McKinney Vento)*
     Clinic and Vaccination: English | Spanish  


Q – Does the Waterbury Public Schools wear uniforms? 

A– The Waterbury Public Schools has a Dress Code  
      Dress Code: English | Spanish 


Q – What happens when I complete the Registration online?

A– Once the Registration is completed online and all documents are summited and up to date you will receive an email with the school assignment, dress code and transportation link (click on your child’s assigned school and find the closest stop to your home) If the required documents are not submitted you will receive an email letting you know what documents are still needed. *(not applicable for McKinney Vento) *


Waterbury Public Schools
236 Grand Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
Phone: (203) 574-8000

Fax: (203) 574-8010