One Jefferson Square, 1st Floor
185 South Main Street, Waterbury, CT 06706
Telephone: 203-346-3511 Fax: 203-346-6168
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Early Dismissal: 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Language Testing: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The following documents are required for Waterbury Public School Registration:
*(Not Valid for the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act-please see below)
Registration cannot be processed without required documentation. **Before submitting the online registration, please upload all of the required documents for verification and school assignment. You will receive an email regarding your child's placement.**
- Children Birth Certificate (long form required)
- Guardianship papers/Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Most recent Physical and Immunization Records; If you are coming from or have visited outside the United States, please check with you healthcare provider for the need of a PPD.
- Lead test results for New Kindergarten students only
- Special Education Records (if applicable, i.e: IEP, 504 plan)
- Proof of Residence (see below)
- If a Language other than English is spoken in the home, please call 203-573-7895 x4015 for an appointment.
Accepted Forms of Proof of Residency
We require one of the following:
- Deed to the home, current mortgage statement, mortgage closing statement.
- Current lease
- Current utility bill (gas, electric or water)
- Homeowners or rental insurance
- Property tax (real estate, car tax)
- Notarized Affidavit of Residence
If the student and the parent/guardian are living in a dwelling that is rented or owned and occupied by another person, the person who owns or rents the dwelling must complete/sign the Certificate of Residency form and provide a proof of your local residence.
*McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance ACT Pre K - 12th Grade
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act defines "homeless children and youth" as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
The term includes children and youth who are:
- Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, fleeing an abuser, or a similar reason (sometimes referred to as doubled-up)
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, bus or train station, or camping ground due to lack of alternative adequate accommodation
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters, abandoned in hospitals; or similar settings
McKinney-Vento requires schools to enroll students (both accompanied and unaccompanied) experiencing homelessness (due to the above terms) immediately, even if the student is unable to provide documents that are typically required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, records of immunization and other required health records, proof of residency, or other documentation 42 U.S.C. 11432(g)(3)(C).
To download a pamphlet, click here. (En Espanol) (Në Shqip)
Choose your registration year and language below: **Before submitting the online registration, please upload all of the required documents for verification and school assignment. You will receive an email regarding your child's placement.**
- 2020-2021 No Longer Receiving Registrants
- 2021-2022 School Year- English | Spanish