Waterbury School Registration Center
One Jefferson Square, 1st Fl.,
185 South Main St, Waterbury, Ct 06706
Telephone 203-346-3511 Fax 203-346-6168
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Early Dismissal 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Language Testing: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
IMPORTANT: UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION, ALL K-8 ENROLLMENTS MUST BE COMPLETED AT THE SCHOOL REGISTRATION CENTER FOR DOCUMENT VERIFICATION AND SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT.
IMPORTANTE: AL TERMINAR SU INSCRIPCION EN LINEA, TODAS LAS INSCRIPCIONES K-8 DEBEN COMPLETARSE EN EL CENTRO DE INSCRIPCION ESCOLAR PARA LA VERIFICACION DE DOCUMENTOS Y LA ASIGNACION DE LA ESCUELA.
KENI KUJDES: PAS KOMPLETIMIT TE REGJISTRIMIT NË INTERNET, TË GJITHA REGJISTRIMET PËR KLASAT K-8 DUHET TË PËRFUNDOHEN NË QËNDRËN KU BËHEN REGJISTRIMET PËR NË SHKOLLË PËR VERIFIKIM TË DOKUMENTAVE DHE PËR CAKTIMIN E SHKOLLËS.
The following documents are required for Waterbury Public School Registration:
*(Not Valid for McKinney Vento Act (homeless) please see below)
- Children Birth Certificate (long form required)
- Guardianship papers/Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Most recent physical and Immunization Records
- Lead test results for New Kindergarten students only
- Special Education Records (if applicable, ie: IEP,504 plan)
- Proof of Residence (see below)
- If a Language other than English is spoken in the home, then the child must be present at the time of registration.
2020-2021 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Accepted Forms of Proof of Residency
Please note that we do not accept hand written notes, rent receipts, or state benefit letters.
We require one of the following:
- Deed to the home, current mortgage statement, mortgage closing statement.
- Current Lease
- Current Utility bill (gas, electric or water only)
If the studentand the parent/guardian are living in a dwelling that is rented or owned and occupied by another person, the person who owns or rents the dwelling must complete/sign the Certificate of residency form and provide a proof of your local residence. We are accepting only one of the following (must be in the parent's name/owner name): Light Bill, Gas Bill, Lease or Mortgage statement.
*McKinney Vento ACT Pre K - 12th Grade
The McKinney Vento Act (MV) defines "homeless children and youth" as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
The term includes--children and youth who are:
- sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, fleeing an abuser, or a similar reason (sometimes referred to as doubled-up)
- living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, bus or train station, or camping ground due to lack of alternative adequate accommodation
- living in emergency or transitional shelters, abandoned in hospitals; or similar settings
McKinney Vento Act requires schools to enroll students (both accompanied and unaccompanied) experiencing homelessness (due to the above terms) immediately, even if the student is unable to provide documents that are typically required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, records of immunization and other required health records, proof of residency, or other documentation 42 U.S.C. 11432(g)(3)(C).
To download a pamphlet, click here. (En Espanol) (Në Shqip)
Register Now >
2019-2020 School Year ( English | Spanish )
2020-2021 School Year ( English | Spanish ) (New Kindergarten Link -- ONLY FOR KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS ENTERING SCHOOL IN AUGUST 2020)