Office of Early Childhood
30 B Church Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
Telephone: 203-574-8024 Fax: 203-574-6709
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; Registration Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Early Dismissal: 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
After completing the online registration process, please upload all of the required documents for verification and school assignment. A staff member will contact you about placement.
The following documents are required for Waterbury Public School Pre-K Registration:
*(Not Valid for the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act-please see below)
- Children Birth Certificate (long form required)
- Guardianship papers/Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Most recent physical and Immunization Records
- Lead test results for three and four-year-old programs
- Special Education Records (if applicable, i.e.: IEP, 504 plan)
- Proof of Residence (see below)
- If a Language other than English is spoken in the home, then the child must be present at the time of registration.
- Proof of income for Pre-K registration only (last month income)
Biweekly (2 pay stubs), weekly (4 pay stubs)
Any state assistance: Income Verification- Pay stubs / W2 /1040FORM/ DSS / SSI-WORK SHEET/STATE BENEFIT LETTER/CHILD SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION UNEMPLOYMENT
Updated Health Physical and Immunization record including Lead with result
Accepted Forms of Proof of Residency
Please note that we do not accept hand written notes, rent receipts, or state benefit letters.
We require one of the following:
- Deed to the home, current mortgage statement, mortgage closing statement.
- Current Lease
- Current Utility bill (gas, electric or water only)
If the student and the parent/guardian are living in a dwelling that is rented or owned and occupied by another person, the person who owns or rents the dwelling must complete/sign the Certificate of residency form and provide a proof of your local residence. We are accepting only one of the following (must be in the parent's name/owner name): Light Bill, Gas Bill, Lease or Mortgage statement.
*McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance ACT Pre K - 12th Grade
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act defines "homeless children and youth" as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
The term includes children and youth who are:
- sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, fleeing an abuser, or a similar reason (sometimes referred to as doubled-up)
- living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, bus or train station, or camping ground due to lack of alternative adequate accommodation
- living in emergency or transitional shelters, abandoned in hospitals; or similar settings
McKinney-Vento requires schools to enroll students (both accompanied and unaccompanied) experiencing homelessness (due to the above terms) immediately, even if the student is unable to provide documents that are typically required for enrollment, such as previous academic records, records of immunization and other required health records, proof of residency, or other documentation 42 U.S.C. 11432(g)(3)(C).
To download a pamphlet, click here. (En Espanol) (Në Shqip)
Choose Your Registration Year and Language Below:
**Registration submission: upload documents with enrollment or fax documents to fax number listed above or bring documents to the School Registration office (Enrollment must be completed)**2022-2023 School Year: