We are currently working on Unit 2: Venturing Out: Finding My Way
In this unit we will be taking a closer look at characters who face challenges and make choices that may change their lives. We will be talking a lot about character conflict and learn how it helps people discover things about themselves. We will be taking a deeper look into elements of a story, point of view, inner/outer conflict, diaglogue revealing character traits, character traits, questioning strategies.
By the end of this unit we will be able to:
- Explain what the text says using details and examples.
- Describe a character, setting, event in depth and provide specific details from the text.
- Use various strategies to determine the meanings of words and phrases as they are used in a text.
- Recognize and determine the meaning of words and phrases that refer to characters.
- Compare how similar topics and themes are presented in stories from different cultures.
- Compare how similar patterns of events are presented in stories from different cultures.
Students also work on Moby Max in our classroom. Moby Max is an individualized computer program helping your student in their weak areas. This program targets learning in the areas of: math, math facts, numbers, reading stories, literature, language, vocabulary and writing. If you would like your student to access Moby Max at home please click on the following link: http://www.mobymax.com/signin our school code is: ct1526