Waterbury Public Schools - 2013 Parent Survey (Spanish Version)
Welcome to Crosby High School
We, the members of the Crosby High School community, are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment that promotes a creative, innovative and intellectually challenging learning experience to ensure that all students are prepared to become 21st century learners and productive members of a diverse society.
Our Core Values and Beliefs:
- Success: Students will achieve academic, civic and social expectations necessary to become productive members of society.
- Positive Behavior: Students will display appropriate and responsible school behavior.
- Initiative: Students will assume responsibility for one's own actions and actively seek out new learning opportunities and social experiences.
- Respect: Students will value a safe learning environment as well as take into consideration the knowledge, opinions and skills of all individuals.
- Integrity: Students will demonstrate high regard for school property, personal belongings, academic honesty and appropriately apply technology as a tool for learning.
- Teamwork: Students will collaborate with peers, teachers, administrators, parents and support staff as well as community members to promote an educational climate conducive to learning.
Our Learning Expectations:
Crosby High School students will:
- Read, write and speak effectively
- Utilize technology as a tool to research, organize, access, evaluate and communicate information appropriately
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills when making decisions
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of a democratic society
- Participate in school and community activities
- Demonstrate respect and assume responsibility
Crosby Knitters made 8 scarves for the children of Sandy Hook Elementary School.
From left to right: Shekera Daniels, Adilsa Encarnacao, Brandon Vega, Rosemarie Carvalho (Advisor) and Kristi Gega.