Bucks Hill Elementary School
Parent - School Involvement Policy
Bucks Hill School Governance Council and parents jointly developed this parental involvement policy.
This policy shall be made available to the parents and local community by the following means; i.e., Web page, community television and flyers.
Bucks Hill School will take the following actions to involve parents in the joint development
and agreement of its School Parental Involvement Policy.
Bucks Hill Elementary School agrees to implement the following:
- The school will jointly develop with parents, distribute to parents of participating children, a School Parental Involvement Policy that the school and parents of participating children agree on.
The school will notify parents about the School Parental Involvement Policy in an understandable and uniform format and will distribute this policy to parents in a language the parents can understand.
Information regarding school curriculum, school performance and school activities/programs will be communicated to parents through:
- Workshop for parents four times per year
- Parent-Teacher Organization (meet 5 times p/y)
- Annual Title I Meeting
- Open House
- Cable Access Channel
- Parent Web Page
Bucks Hill School will provide opportunities for parents to share their ideas and talents through involvement:
- Parent volunteers
- Family Nights
- School Committees
Parents will be informed of their child’s progress and receive an explanation of student assessments through:
- Progress Reports
- Power School
- Conferences – school, home, written, phone
The school will incorporate the school-parent compact as a component of its School Parental Involvement Policy:
Incentives may be given to the students who return the compact and other forms requiring parent’s and/or student’s signature.
- The school will periodically update the School Parental Involvement Policy to meet the changing needs of parents and the school. The school will adopt the school-parent compact as a component of its School Parental Involvement Policy.
- The school agrees to be governed by the following statutory definition of parental involvement, and will carry out programs, activities and procedures in accordance with this definition.
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities including:
- parents play an integral role in assisting with their child’s learning
- parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school
- parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
Click below to see:
Contrato entre Estjdiantes/Padres/Escuela