Waterbury Public Schools understands that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, appointments with healthcare providers have been subject to cancellation and limited in availability. However, the State of Connecticut requires several immunizations and a physical for ALL students enrolled in Connecticut schools.
- Please click here to view the Connecticut Department of Public Health’s Immunization Requirements for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Please click here to view the Connecticut State Department of Education's Health Assessment Record Form for K-12.
- Please click here to view the Connecticut State Department of Education's Health Assessment Record Form for Early Childhood.
- Please click here for a list of local resources for physicals and immunizations.
FOR ALL NEW PRE-K - 8 STUDENTS:
- Please register online at https://www.waterbury.k12.ct.us/Content2/registration. The Office of Early Childhood is available to assist families with Pre-K registration and staff at the Welcome Center is prepared to assist families with the K-8 registration process. While walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred.
FOR ALL NEW HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS:
- Please register at the high school your child will be attending.
FOR STUDENTS ENTERING 7TH AND 11TH GRADES:
- We are committed to continuing to work with our local health partners to ensure we connect our families with health and medical resources to ensure that they are in compliance with state regulations. If your child did not receive the required physical and immunizations in 6th and 10th grade, please ensure that they are up-to-date and on file with the nurse's office at the school prior to the start of the school year.