College Student Observation Request
To complete your observation/field experience hours for a college course with Waterbury Public Schools, please print and follow these instructions:
- Complete: Student Observation/Field Work Request Form
- Student submits:
- Consent and Disclosure for Background Check
- Observation Request Form
- University Observation Approval Letter
- Provide course description
- Signed Confidentiality Form
- Signed Policy Form
- Provide a copy of Driver’s License or State Identification Card to Personnel and Talent Management
- Criminal and Sex Offender Background check is conducted. (*Once cleared, an approval letter is emailed to the student.)
- Student then calls the campus directly to arrange observation schedule.
- When student arrives on campus, they must show their driver’s license/state identification to school administration and check in in the front office of the campus.
- Student completes observation hours.
After review of documents and background checks, the Talent & Professional Development Supervisor will send an email with a start date once you are approved for observations/field experience in Waterbury Public Schools. You may contact the campuses you have been assigned to AFTER receiving the approval email from Waterbury Public Schools. Observation hours/schedules will be assigned by the availability of the campus.
(PLEASE NOTE: Any observation of individual students requires parental consent prior to observation date)
We will be processing Fall observations request Sept 3rd - Nov 4th as observations MUST BE completed Nov 30th.
We will be processing Spring observations request Jan 7th- April 3rd as observations MUST BE completed March 20th.
*Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. **